WHAT ARE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS?
We both studied Advanced National Diplomas in photography for 4 years at the Glasgow College of Building and Printing and then went on to assist some of Scotland’s leading commercial photographers. Craig assisted for 5 years before going it alone in the commercial photography world. Eva joined the picture desk at the Glasgow Herald and worked there for 9 years before leaving to work full time with Craig. We got together personally and professionally in 2005 and haven’t looked back since!
WHAT IS YOUR SHOOTING STYLE?
We shoot as a team, combining our individual perspectives to capture as many unique angles and spontaneous moments as possible. Our approach is a blend of casual, natural portraiture and stylish, romantic story telling. We have a real passion for photography and love to capture all the important details of your big day. We absolutely adore natural light and try to utilise it as much as possible to produce soft, light, dreamy photographs.
DO YOU TAKE FORMAL FAMILY/GROUP SHOTS?
Yes, but we try to limit it to immediate family only. Roughly 10 to 12 group shots. We want to keep you away from your guests for as little time as possible!
HOW FAR DO YOU TRAVEL FOR A WEDDING?
We travel anywhere and everywhere! We do have to charge for travel if your wedding is further than 50 miles from Glasgow, though.
HOW LONG DO YOU SHOOT FOR ON THE DAY?
Every wedding is different but we generally shoot from an hour and a half before the ceremony until after the first 4 or 5 dances.
DO YOU TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS DURING THE MEAL?
No. We like to give you and your guests a break from the cameras and allow them to eat in peace. We also need a wee breather at this point as well and like to look through the shots we’ve taken so far.
DOES CRAIG PHOTOGRAPH THE BOYS GETTING READY?
Craig only photographs the guys getting ready if they are doing so at the venue where the ceremony is taking place. This is so he has time to photograph the venue and the guests arriving before the ceremony while Eva is away with the bride. Eva always covers the bride getting ready!
ARE YOU INSURED?
Yes, we are fully insured.
WHAT IS REQUIRED TO BOOK MY DATE?
Due of the number of enquiries we receive we really need our booking form to be returned and the booking fee to be paid for your date to be secured.
HOW MANY PHOTOGRAPHS WILL I GET? WHAT SIZE WILL THEY BE?
You will receive 600 to 700 high-resolution photographs on a USB, each individually retouched by us. They will also be uploaded to an online gallery, personalised just for you and password protected, so you can easily share them with your friends and family!
Each photograph is usually around 10MB in size, 5760 x 3840 pixels and 300 dpi, which means they can be printed very high quality and in large sizes. If you needed advice on printing your images then please contact us and let us help. We use the best equipment and spend a lot of time working on each photograph to give them our unique look. We’d hate for you to get substandard prints that didn’t show off your images to their best!
WHEN CAN I SEE MY PHOTOGRAPHS?
Each photograph is individually retouched and we don’t like to rush this process. At the height of summer you will be able to see your photographs within 6-8 weeks.
DO YOU OFFER WEDDING ALBUMS?
Yes, we design and print bespoke wedding albums and these can be bought separately either at the time of booking or after you’ve received all your photographs.
Our albums can hold up to approx. 120 photographs. We design the initial layout of your album in our modern style, selecting the photographs we feel work best together. We will then send you the proofs and you can request changes to be made if you prefer other photographs over the ones we have chosen.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY ALBUM?
Once you give us the green light to go to print it should take roughly 2-3 weeks to receive your album.
DO YOU DO PRINTS, FRAMES, CANVASES & PARENT ALBUMS?
Yes, we offer a full range of these and can send details upon request.
DO YOU BLOG ALL THE WEDDINGS YOU PHOTOGRAPH?
Not any more, unfortunately. We used to try and blog every wedding but there just isn’t enough time in the day! Nowadays we try to blog venues that we’ve never been to before.
DO YOU DO PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY?
Yes we do! Check out our sister-business at lovelilaphotography.co.uk! Here we offer kids and family portraits, and we also photograph pets and do some commercial photography. We even offer special rates for couples who come back to us after their wedding to get photos taken of their little ones!
DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR US?
We do indeed! Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your wedding photographs:
1. Ladies, if you’re thinking of getting a fake tan, less is more. Go for a more natural, lighter option. Remember, you will be standing next to your husband (who will probably not have a fake tan!) and you don’t want to look unnatural. Also, if it’s too heavy it can sometimes come off on your dress.
2. We would also recommend brides hire a professional makeup artist. It takes the stress out of the morning and you’ll get far better results in your photographs. Very long, false eyelashes can be difficult to photograph though as they can often make you look as if your eyes are half shut.
3. Try to hold the ceremony earlier rather than later. Your day will absolutely fly by and you want to give yourself enough time to relax, enjoy the surroundings, enjoy getting your photos taken, and still have time to chat and celebrate with your guests. We would recommend no later than 2 o’clock for the ceremony.
4. If allowed, Craig is usually at the bottom of the aisle waiting to get a photograph of the bride and her father as they walk towards the nervous groom. Just remember to look up and smile! Many brides are not used to walking in big dresses and tend to look at their toes a lot, which means we miss a wonderful shot. This also applies when you are leaving the ceremony with your new husband.
5. Everyone will tell you how your wedding day flies by so we would also suggest that your ceremony and reception venues are not too far apart. You don’t want to waste too much time travelling instead of enjoying yourself.
6. Please check that your Minister, Priest, Celebrant… is fine with the ceremony being photographed. We don’t use flash and try to be as discrete as possible and it would be a real shame to miss out on such an important part of your day.
7. Check out blogs like Style Me Pretty, Whimsical Wonderland, Love My Dress and Rock The Shot for amazing ideas.
8. We have a fantastic relationship with all the video companies we have worked with and totally understand that they are there for you guys too. The only thing that you need to be aware of is that some video companies need you for a period of time in the day and that could interfere with your photographs. Ask any video companies about this and maybe think about your times accordingly.
9. If you fancy getting your wedding stationary photographed, remember to bring them with you on the day! Eva would be happy to get a few shots of your invites for you in the morning.
10. When choosing your vintage car, bear in mind that glass windows photograph much better than a soft-top with plastic ones!
11. We would highly recommend that anyone planning their wedding take out wedding insurance! Marks & Spencer and the Post Office offer good insurance and you can never be too careful.
12. Legendary photographer Mario Testino was asked once about tips for people getting their photograph taken. His answer was simple “SMILE!”